What to Expect
- Your first treatment will consist of a 30 minute phone conference to discuss your health history and a 45-60 minute in office treatment.
- We will get an idea of your baseline imbalances using the Acugraph Meridian Imaging System. On subsequent visits, we will start each visit with a graphing assessment so we can see your progress.
- Treatment will consist of acupuncture needles and/or any of the following: cupping, scraping, far-infrared mineral heat lamp therapy, ear acupuncture and pellets, cold laser therapy with a 635nm red laser. Other modalities may also be used depending on need. If that is the case, we will discuss them before treatment begins.
- Acupuncture treatment is a process. Our goal is to get your body to a place where it can maintain balance on its own. Until your system is retrained, it is important to continue treatment.
- Everyone restores balance at a different pace. A course of treatment is considered to be 10 visits. Some people need more, some need less. We will not know what you need until we know how you respond to acupuncture. Discounts are available for pre-purchased packages and we can discuss these further at the end of your first session.
How to Prepare
- Make sure you have eaten no more than 3 hours and no less than 30 minutes before your treatment;
- Make sure you have had enough water the day of treatment. This is different for everyone, but acupuncture works best when you are properly hydrated;
- Do not engage in vigorous exercise within 30 minutes of appointment;
- Be prepared to turn off or silence your phone. We are in an office space with other practitioners and do not want to disturb their treatments;
- Wear loose fitting clothing that can be pushed above your elbows and knees. In some cases you may be asked to remove your clothing, but for the most part, treatment is limited to the limbs, head, and neck.
- Download your paperwork ahead of time or show up 15 minutes early to fill it out in the office.
- Be excited! You have chosen to invest in your own well-being and quality of life. I look forward to working with you on this journey. We are going to do great things together!